I recently made it through the last step on this project. I made previous posts of part of the creation and now it has all come together.
Here is a photo of the finished piece.
I made many decisions throughout the process. I started with the text in the acrylic. I am happy with the results even as it is not without flaws. I am not a machine stamped kinda girl, give it some character and a helping of one-of-a-kind and I am far happier.
The painting is 18 x 12 inches and the acrylic is 24 x 18. I mixed the colors as close but not totally accurate to the point I could color grade them and get a exact match, again an ‘error’ made with intent. I did do color grading, which is a process, as it makes mixing easier in the CMKY codes to know how far I was off where. Then lighting and or monitor setting combined with white balance accuracy in my camera all play a role here.
The text in the lower right has the color codes for RGB, CMKY, Hex and Pantone.
The lower left is the description of the colors meanings.
The bottom center is the description from the flag creator Monica Helmes and her name at the top with the created and first shown information.
The text at the right has more information on the original flag.
I may have gone a bit far into the ambitious realm to complete this, I did splurge on the frame to mention just one.
I would like to do more Pride Flags and having learned from a few redo items and do betters I may. I will not go as far with the frame on future flags though.
I have no expectations but if anyone is interested in more info or would like one made of any of the official Pride flags I would be happy to consider the possibility.
It feels good to have made this!